FairWork is looking for VOLUNTEER(S) with knowledge of the Polish language and culture, M/F, 1 or 2 days a week
As a volunteer, you inform Polish workers in the Netherlands about their labour rights and their options in case of labour exploitation. You are the ears and the eyes of our foundation and you report on the ways Polish workers are exploited in the Netherlands. FairWork uses this information to improve protection of victims of labour exploitation.
Do you believe everyone in the Netherlands is entitled to fair treatment at work? Do you want to:
- reach out to Polish workers who are vulnerable to labour exploitation and inform them about their rights and possibilities, through (online) fieldwork?
- inform Polish and other organisations about FairWork?
- conduct intakes, by phone or face-to-face, with Polish workers who have problems at work?
- assist our case manager in advising Polish workers?
- report on the problems Polish workers in the Netherlands are facing at work and enter your findings in our database?
Then please apply for this volunteer position now!
We ask for:
- good knowledge of English or Dutch;
- good knowledge of the Polish language and culture;
- good communication and social skills;
- an independent and proactive work attitude;
- ability to work with computer, e-mail and social media;
- availability for a minimum of 8 hours a week, for at least 6 months;
- availability to work at our office during office hours, at least once a month;
- endorsement of our mission.
- a unique chance to gain working experience at an NGO;
- professional training and guidance;
- a team of enthusiastic colleagues in an inspring working environment;
- a volunteer contract for at least six months, for one or two days a week;
- reimbursement of travel and other expenses.
Do you want to apply for this volunteer position? Please send your CV and a motivational letter before Friday May 31st 2019 to: email@example.com.
In case of questions about the vacancy: please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are being exploited. They work under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims. Read more