FairWork is looking for VOLUNTEERS with knowledge of the ARABIC language and culture, M/F, 1 or 2 days a week
As a volunteer, you inform Arabic speaking workers in the Netherlands about their labour rights and their options in case of labour exploitation. You are the ears and the eyes of our foundation and you report on the ways Arabic speaking workers are exploited in the Netherlands. FairWork uses this information to improve protection of victims of labour exploitation.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are exploited. They work in and under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims.
Do you believe everyone in the Netherlands is entitled to fair treatment at work? Do you want to:
• reach out to Arabic speaking workers who are vulnerable to labour exploitation and inform them about their rights and possibilities, through (online) fieldwork?
• inform Arabic speaking communities and other organisations about FairWork?
• report on the problems Arabic speaking workers in the Netherlands are facing at work and enter your findings in our database?
Then please apply for this volunteer position now!
Skills and competencies required
We ask for:
• good knowledge of English or Dutch;
• good knowledge of the Arabic language and culture;
• good communication and social skills;
• an independent and proactive work attitude;
• ability to work with computer, e-mail and social media;
• availability for a minimum of 8 hours a week, for at least 6 months;
• availability to work at our office during office hours, at least once a month;
• endorsement of our mission.
• a unique chance to gain working experience at an NGO;
• professional training and guidance;
• a team of enthusiastic colleagues in an inspiring working environment;
• a volunteer contract for at least six months, for one or two days a week;
• reimbursement of travel and other expenses.
Do you want to apply for this volunteer position? Please send your CV and a motivational letter to: email@example.com before October 21st 2019.
In case of questions about the vacancy: mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are being exploited. They work under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims. Read more