FairWork is looking for VOLUNTEERS with knowledge of the Chinese language and culture, M/F, 1 or 2 days a week
As a volunteer, you inform Chinese workers in the Netherlands about their labour rights and their options in case of labour exploitation. You are the ears and the eyes of our foundation and you report on the ways Chinese workers are exploited in the Netherlands. FairWork uses this information to improve protection of victims of labour exploitation.
Do you believe everyone in the Netherlands is entitled to fair treatment at work? Do you want to:
- reach out to Chinese workers who are vulnerable to labour exploitation and inform them about their rights and possibilities, through (online) fieldwork?
- inform Chinese and other organisations about FairWork?
- conduct intakes, by phone or face-to-face, with Chinese workers who have problems at work?
- assist our case manager in advising Chinese workers?
- report on the problems Chinese workers in the Netherlands are facing at work and enter your findings in our database?
Then please apply for this volunteer position now!
We ask for:
- endorsement of our mission;
- good knowledge of the Chinese language and culture;
- good knowledge of English or Dutch;
- good communication and social skills;
- an independent and proactive work attitude;
- ability to work with computer, e-mail and social media;
- availability for a minimum of 8 hours a week, for at least 6 months;
- after COVID: availability to work at our office during office hours, at least once a month.
- a unique chance to gain working experience at a NGO;
- professional training and guidance;
- a team of enthusiastic colleagues in an inspring working environment;
- a volunteer contract for at least six months, for one or two days a week;
- reimbursement of travel and other expenses.
Do you want to apply for this volunteer position? Please send your CV and a motivational letter before wednesday April 7th to: email@example.com. Interviews are planned on April 12th and 13th.
In case of questions about the vacancy: please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are being exploited. They work under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims.