FairWork is looking for VOLUNTEER(S) with knowledge of the Romanian language and culture, M/F, 1 or 2 days a week
As a volunteer, you inform Romanian workers in the Netherlands about their labour rights and their options in case of labour exploitation. You are the ears and the eyes of our foundation and you report on the ways Romanian workers are exploited in the Netherlands. FairWork uses this information to improve protection of victims of labour exploitation.
We are specifically looking for someone with great communication skills and an affinity to talk to our clients on the phone/ via email.
Do you believe everyone in the Netherlands is entitled to fair treatment at work? Do you want to:
• reach out to Romanian workers who are vulnerable to labour exploitation and inform them about their rights and possibilities, through (online) fieldwork?
• conduct intakes by phone with Romanian workers who have problems at work?
• report on the problems Romanian workers in the Netherlands are facing at work and enter your findings in our database?
Then please apply for this volunteer position now!
We ask for:
- good knowledge of English and/or Dutch;
- excellent knowledge of the Romanian language and culture;
- good communication and social skills;
- experience with supporting people on the phone;
- an independent and proactive work attitude;
- ability to work with computer, e-mail and social media;
- availability for a minimum of 8 hours a week, for at least 6 months;
- availability to meet at our office in Amsterdam around 5 times a year;
- endorsement of our mission.
• a unique chance to gain working experience at an NGO;
• professional training and guidance;
• a team of enthusiastic colleagues in an inspring working environment;
• volunteer contract for at least six months, for one or two days a week;
• reimbursement of travel and other expenses.
Do you want to apply for this volunteer position? Please send your CV and a motivational letter before Wednesday November 30th 2022 to: email@example.com.
In case of questions about the vacancy: please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are being exploited. They work under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims.