FairWork is looking for VOLUNTEER(S) with knowledge of the UKRAINIAN language and culture, M/F, 1 or 2 days a week
As a volunteer, you inform Ukrainian workers in the Netherlands about their labour rights and their options in case of labour exploitation. You are the ears and the eyes of our foundation and you report on the ways Ukrainian workers are exploited in the Netherlands. FairWork uses this information to improve protection of victims of labour exploitation.
Do you believe everyone in the Netherlands is entitled to fair treatment at work? Do you want to:
- reach out to Ukrainian workers who are vulnerable to labour exploitation and inform them about their rights and possibilities, through (online) fieldwork?
- inform Ukrainian communities and other organisations about FairWork?
- conduct intakes, by phone or face-to-face, with Ukrainian workers who have problems at work?
- assist our case manager in advising Ukrainian workers?
- report on the problems Ukrainian workers in the Netherlands are facing at work and enter your findings in our database?
Then please apply for this volunteer position now!
We ask for:
- good knowledge of English and/or Dutch;
- good knowledge of the Ukrainian language and culture;
- good communication and social skills;
- an independent and proactive work attitude;
- ability to work with computer, e-mail and social media;
- availability for a minimum of 8 hours a week, for at least 6 months;
- availability to meet once a month our office in Amsterdam;
- endorsement of our mission.
- a unique chance to gain working experience at an NGO;
- professional training and guidance;
- a team of enthusiastic colleagues in an inspiring working environment;
- a volunteer contract for at least six months, for one or two days a week;
- reimbursement of travel and other expenses.
Do you want to apply for this volunteer position? Please send your CV and a motivational letter before Monday March 27th 2023 to: email@example.com.
In case of questions about the vacancy: please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are being exploited. They work under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims. Read more