FairWork is looking for VOLUNTEERS with knowledge of the Hungarian language and culture, M/F, 1 or 2 days a week
As a volunteer, you inform Hungarian workers in the Netherlands about their labour rights and their options in case of labour exploitation. You are the ears and the eyes of our foundation and you report on the ways Hungarian workers are exploited in the Netherlands. FairWork uses this information to improve protection of victims of labour exploitation.
Do you believe everyone in the Netherlands is entitled to fair treatment at work? Do you want to:
- reach out to Hungarian workers who are vulnerable to labour exploitation and inform them about their rights and possibilities, through (online) fieldwork?
- inform Hungarian and other organisations about FairWork?
- conduct intakes, by phone or face-to-face, with Hungarian workers who have problems at work?
- assist our case manager in advising Hungarian workers?
- report on the problems Hungarian workers in the Netherlands are facing at work and enter your findings in our database?
Then please apply for this volunteer position now!
We ask for:
- good knowledge of the Hungarian language and culture;
- good knowledge of English or Dutch;
- good communication and social skills;
- endorsement of our mission;
- availability for a minimum of 8 hours a week, for at least 6 months;
- an independent and proactive work attitude;
- ability to work with computer, e-mail and social media;
- availability to meet once a month at our office in Amsterdam.
- a unique chance to gain working experience at an NGO;
- professional training and guidance;
- a team of enthusiastic colleagues in an inspring working environment;
- a volunteer contract for at least six months, for one or two days a week;
- reimbursement of travel and other expenses.
Do you want to apply for this volunteer position? We are always looking for Hungarian volunteers. Please send your CV and a motivational letter: firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention “Hungarian volunteers” in subject line.
In case of questions about the vacancy, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
In the Netherlands, many migrant workers are being exploited. They work under bad conditions, for instance in agriculture, horticulture, hospitality, construction, domestic work or through job agencies. FairWork works from a victim’s perspective and defends the human rights of victims.